Wednesday 16 November 2011

Made Me Laugh!


Isn't She Lovely!
pastel portrait on paper
11" X 14"

This is a pastel portrait I did from a picture I had of a friend's daughter. I spent a lot of time of time on it constantly correcting colour and her eyes. I was really trying to make her as angelic as she was in the photo. She was standing next to my window on a sunny day and her dark hair had beautiful highlights that truly did make her look like an angel. I could not get the eyes right until a few trips to several art stores for the right shade of brown was finally a success. 
A few days ago I took the picture of the portrait and put it in iPhoto. you can imagine my amusement when the photo recognition aspect of iPhoto picked up who it was and put it with her actual photo. LOL! I may have to use this when I have spent too much time with a portrait. Maybe I can stop when iPhoto tells me who it is in the future. Wow, now if they apple could only produce a program to tell me where I went wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment